Leonardo da Vinci designed various machines capable of carrying out various types of activities: robots with human and animal features, contraptions and flying automatons, vehicles with very sophisticated mechanisms.
The 6 magnificent pop ups contained in this book recreate in 3D some of these wonderful inventions – the flying machine, the wind-up clock, the tank, the knight automaton, the flying robot and another mechanical marvel – whose meaning is revealed thanks to David Hawkcock's complex paper engineering creations, the master's original illustrations and the rigorous texts that accompany them. Some of the most important and visionary creations of the great Italian genius thus come to life in these pages, enriched by sketches and notes by the artist: the words of Leonardo himself help the reader to understand these futuristic inventions and guide him to explore the mysteries of the fascinating world of science.
6 fantastic po pups: high technology for an immortal genius.
Reasons of interest:
- The most incredible machines of the great Renaissance genius beautifully reconstructed in 3D!
- Technical data sheets, compelling texts and 6 fantastic pop ups to discover some of Leonardo's most futuristic inventions.
- The master's sketches and drawings, accompanied by his own words, help to understand the full value of his futuristic research.
- A book that introduces young people to scientific knowledge, a perfect volume for the bookshops of art, science and technical science museums.
- Size: 21.8 × 24.8 cm
- 7 double pages open with 6 pop ups
- Open format 64 × 24 cm Horizontal
- 2 window openings of 11cm for each double page
- 4 color print on hardback
- ISBN 978 2 88935 231 9