The book tells the story of the struggle for survival and the lives of the most charismatic, fascinating and curious animals, from ants to the blue whale.
We start from shapes and behaviors to ask ourselves questions: why does the peacock have such a spectacular and voluminous tail, why do lions hunt in groups while the leopard is solitary, why do certain butterflies have tongues much longer than their bodies? The evolutionary processes studied over the last 150 years can provide an answer to many of these questions. Considerable space is devoted to scientific research and how past and present naturalists have come to explain certain adaptations. Plants and their relationships with animals are not overlooked: Darwin himself dedicated himself to the study of pollination and carnivorous plants, which played an important role in the formulation of his theories.
The spectacular illustrations created by an artist specialized in reproducing nature reveal all its incredible beauty. The videos selected on YouTube, also accessible via QR Code, guide children on an unforgettable adventure.
An exciting journey to discover the fascinating world of evolution.
Reasons of interest:
- The evolution of living things told in a simple and clear way starting from the forms and lifestyles of extraordinary plants and animals.
- More than 25 large format plates that reproduce species in detail in their natural habitat or in remote places.
- Over 150 illustrations dedicated to the protagonist species: from whales to ants! The testimonies and portraits of the scientists responsible for the most interesting discoveries, including Charles Darwin, father of evolution.
- References to current events, climate change and how to protect nature today.
- QR Code and link to access videos showing extraordinary animals in action.
- Size: 25.5 × 29.6 cm
- 160 pages
- 4 color printing
- ISBN 978 2 88935 331 6