Renowned throughout the world for the quality of its blade, the Japanese sword is the most fascinating of all weapons. It neither breaks nor bends, which is a marvelous fact if you consider that the more you sharpen the iron, the more it tends to break; it's his nature. However, the katana, even though it is so sharp, does not break.
Blades of such unparalleled perfection have been created by blacksmiths of every era, who have perfected, preserved and transmitted the techniques, each making their own personal contribution, without either the shape or the manufacturing process having ever substantially changed. For these craftsmen the katana is not just a weapon but something more, which they venerate by invoking the protection of Heaven upon it.
All the secrets of the katana, the weapon in which the divine spirit dwells.
Reasons of interest:
- An invitation to enter the magical and rarefied world of the katana, an authentic work of art and sacred object in some Shinto rites.
- Texts edited by two authoritative experts and a rich selection of images to explore the exquisite art of the Japanese sword.
- 50 technical data sheets illustrating in detail some of the best-known examples of katana, highlighting their historical-artistic importance.
- An elegant volume, unmissable for fans of Japanese swords.
- Size: 20.5 × 28.8 cm
- 192 pages
- 4 color printing
- Hardback with dust jacket
- ISBN 978 2 88935 297 5