Located on the Île de la Cité, Notre-Dame Cathedral, which has dominated the French capital for more than a millennium, was built over two centuries. Throughout its history, it has witnessed coronations, revolutions and destruction. It has also experienced periods of abandonment and was recently threatened by the terrible fire which threatened to destroy it completely.
This pop up book provides information on the architecture, history and cultural importance the building has held from its construction to today. The magnificent pop ups reproduce in 3D the exterior, interior of the cathedral and a spectacular gargoyle, elements that are revealed in all their beauty thanks to David Hawcock's complex paper engineering creations and the informative texts that accompany them.
One of the most famous examples of Gothic architecture in Europe reconstructed in 3D.
Reasons of interest:
- Notre-Dame beautifully reconstructed in 3D!
- Technical data sheets, compelling texts and incredible pop ups reveal all the secrets of the famous Gothic cathedral.
- An extraordinary 3D book celebrating one of the most famous buildings in the world.
- Size: 23.5 × 26.6 cm
- 6 double pages open with 3 pop ups
- Open format 56 × 26 cm horizontal
- 1 11cm window opening for each double page
- 4 color print on hardback