In this new and refined updated edition, the Japanese master Shozo Koike illustrates all the secrets and basic principles of sumie, a traditional art form that better than any other expresses the most authentic spirit of Japan. This ink painting technique, heir to a thousand-year history that has produced masterpieces of ineffable refinement, is able to capture like no other the purest and deepest essence of nature thanks to a few simple strokes of the brush and a skilful use of the ink and shades. Ink, brush and paper are the protagonists of this elegant volume, in which painting and calligraphy come together in over 20 models to be created with the fascinating sumie technique following the master's instructions.
Reasons of interest:
- An elegant volume dedicated to an increasingly popular art in Italy and around the world.
- An indispensable guide for enthusiasts, with refined illustrations and detailed explanations.
- Over 20 traditional patterns that will help the beginner understand and master the ancient Japanese art of sumie.
- Essential graphics, to illustrate the techniques in a simple but refined way.
- Historical introduction to sumie, glossary of terms and video tutorial with instructions
step by step for each model, accessible via link or QR Code
4 color printing